It was a fun evening at the Pennyweight in Darlington on the 9th December, for the Darlington branch of the Green Party who held their Christmas social there after finding out about the Falafel Fella’s kitchen take-over.
Thanks so much to all for their support and for giving Mouhyedin a cheer.
Can we commend Mouhyedin Alkalel on the wonderful, varied and tasty food, Fran Wood for helping, and Martin Wood for the emergency baklava delivery!
We held a kitchen takeover at the Pennyweight every Sunday through December 2018 at the Pennyweight – thanks so much to David and the team for welcoming us.
Our menu for each evening:
- Fatteh – chickpeas with bread and yoghurt
- Addes soup – red lentil soup
- Falafels – naturally 😉
- Fava Foul – warmed Fava beans with garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, sumac and cumin
- Macarona Bi Laban – pasta with soya yoghurt sauce and crispy garlic, with an olive oil dressing
- Hommous Hap – warmed chickpeas with lemon juice, olive oil, tomatoes, garlic and subtle spices
- Fattoush – a Syrian salad with a lemon dressing
- Roz eb Haleeb – a sweet rice pudding cooked in soya milk with cinnamon, cardamom and rose water
- Baklava – middle Eastern sweet pastry with nuts and syrup
A delicious menu like this gets popular and we sometimes need an emergency top-up of supplies. Luckily the Green atmosphere on the 9th December wasn’t hampered by the emergency arrival of Martin with extra baklava – by sustainable and eco-friendly transport of course.
There’ll be more Falafel Fella kitchen takeovers coming up. On 22nd March 2019 we’ll be popping up at the Victoria Inn in Witton-le-Wear near Bishop Auckland. Come along and see us for a little taste of Syria in County Durham 😉